Soletair Power’s Power-to-X (P2X) demonstration unit is now at Expo 2020 Dubai.
This Expo is the first world exposition to be held in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia (MEASA) region. With 192 participating nations each with its own dedicated pavilion, this Expo is bringing together visionary ideas, individuals, organizations, and governments – all in the hope of building a more resilient and sustainable society.
The Power-to-X unit being showcased at the exposition has been made possible by the joint efforts of Wärtsilä, Soletair Power, and Q Power Oy. The P2X demonstration unit uses cutting-edge technology to capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from indoor air, combines it with hydrogen produced through water-electrolysis, and makes synthetic fuel out of it through a bio-methanation process. The fuel is then being used to brew coffee out of thin air inside the Finland Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai. Capturing CO2 indoors also improves the quality of the air.
- Captures the Green House Gas Carbon dioxide from the air utilizing DAC technology.
- Produces synthetic fuel from the CO2 captured from ambient air utilizing P2X technology.
- Improves human well-being as indoor CO2 is proven to affect human decision-making capability.
This technology has all the possibilities to be globally scaled, decarbonize industries and thus accelerating societies towards a sustainable carbon-negative future.
Know more about our P2X machine from this link: https://www.soletairpower.fi/expo-2020-dubai/
The technology behind Power-2-X: How P2X works?
Watch this video where Soletair Power’s CTO Dr. Cyril Bajamundi explains the technology behind P2X.
Making of the Power-to-X Unit — Timelapse video
Watch Power-to-X (P2X) Demonstration Unit’s production timelapse video — the story of its taking off the drawing board and landing into reality!
- Arab News: Finnish Ambassador reaffirms commitment to Gulf region
- Gulf News: Expo 2020 Dubai: The key to clean air inside Finland Pavilion? Carbon dioxide
- Khaleej Times: Expo 2020 Dubai: See how your exhaled CO2 is used to make coffee
- Wärtsilä: A taste of a carbon-neutral energy future
- Wärtsilä: Wärtsilä at the World Expo
Connect with Soletair Power on Social Media:
Like Soletair Power’s page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/soletairpower
Connect with Soletair Power on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/soletairpower
Follow Soletair Power on Twitter: https://twitter.com/soletairpower
Follow Soletair Power on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soletairpower/
Subscribe to Soletair Power’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/soletairpower
Review on Google Maps: https://g.page/r/CVAV3LDAIXeAEAg/review